LAHORE: Six areas of Lahore have gone under a smart lockdown in Lahore as COVID-19 cases continue to increase across Punjab.
It will last for the next two weeks.
The Punjab health department has issued a notification with clear instructions on what will remain open and closed in these six areas. The notification has identified the coronavirus hotspots.
These are the neighbourhoods under a smart lockdown till February 19.
- Street Number 1, Ali View Garden, Baidian Road in Cantt
- Street No 7 and 20, A Block, Phase 5, DHA in Cantt
- Street 21, W Block Phase 3, DHA in Cantt
- Main Street, Block C1, Faisal Town in Gulberg
- Street from House No 156 to 167, Chenab Block, Allama Iqbal Town in Samanabad
- Abdullah Street, A Block, Al Ahmed Garden, Manawan in Wahga
There has been a constant increase in the positivity percentage and prevalence of COVID-19 cases across Punjab in the last two weeks which poses a serious threat to public health, the notification read.
You can read the Punjab health department's notification below: